Terms and Conditions
- Nikkei Business Publications requires that all advertising orders must be made via an advertising agency.
- If for any reason an advertising order cannot be made via an advertising agency, Nikkei Business Publications requests advance payment of the advertising fees before the space closing date.
(update: October 11, 2016)
- Nikkei Business Publications has the right to accept or reject any advertising order in its sole discretion and for any reason it deems sufficient.
- Positioning of advertisements is at the sole discretion of Nikkei Business Publications.
- No conditions other than those set forth in this rate card will be binding on Nikkei Business Publications unless specifically agreed to in writing by Nikkei Business Publications. Nikkei Business Publications will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on blank orders or copy instructions which conflict with the provisions of this rate card.
- All advertising materials are subject to the approval of Nikkei Business Publications.
All advertisements are accepted and published by Nikkei Business Publications upon representation that the advertiser and its agency are authorized to publish the entire contents and subject matter thereof.
In consideration of the publication of advertisements by Nikkei Business Publications, the advertiser and its agency agree to indemnify and hold Nikkei Business Publications harmless against any and all claims, losses, liabilities, damages and expenses arising from such publication.
- Nikkei Business Publications assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in key numbers appearing in advertisements.
- Nikkei Business Publications is not liable for any delays in the production and/or delivery due to conditions beyond its control.
- In no event will Nikkei Business Publications be liable for any indirect, consequential, incidental or special damages arising from the publication or distribution of any materials hereunder, nor will its liability for any act, error or omission, whether or not due to its negligence, exceed the amount paid to Nikkei Business Publications for the publication or distribution of such materials.
- Nikkei Business Publications reserves the right to hold the advertiser and its agency jointly and severally liable for all monies that are due and payable to Nikkei Business Publications for advertisements that advertiser or its agency ordered and were published.
- Cancellations or changes in advertising orders must be made in writing and be received by Nikkei Business Publications on or before the space closing date.
Advertising materials not received by the production department of Nikkei Business Publications by the material closing date may not be subject to revisions or approvals by the advertiser or its agency.
- All advertising orders are accepted subject to provisions of the current rate card.
Rates are subject to change upon notice from Nikkei Business Publications. In the event of an increase in rates not publicly announced prior to the first issue covered by the contract then in effect, the space reserved may be canceled by the advertiser or its agency at the time the increase becomes effective without incurring short-rate charges, provided that the advertisements published to the date of cancellation are consistent with the appropriate rate.
Cancellation of space reservations for any other reason in whole or in part by the advertiser will result in an adjustment of the rate (short-rate) based on past and subsequent insertions to reflect actual space used at the earned rate.
- All payments are due within 30 days of the invoice date. Advertising fees may need to be paid in advance.
- Recognized agencies are paid 15% commission on space charges. Non-commissionable charges, such as production charges, are not subject to advertising agency commission.
- Nikkei Business Publications reserves the right to reduce the discount level at which an advertiser is being billed, if it appears improbable that the advertiser will, in fact, earn that rate level.
Regardless of what rate is billed at contract year-end, the lowest rate earned will be applied and normal rebate and short-rate adjustments made for that contract year.
- Advertisements in the online products and services of Nikkei Business Publications are subject to the terms of the applicable online insertion order.
- Nikkei Business Publications reserves the right to make policy changes including but not limited to provisions, sizes, formats, etc. at any time.